that Pacific Lamp’s lighting experts have an average of 16 years of experience in the lighting industry? Our experienced staff works hard to stay on top of new products and trends, especially energy efficient lighting and specialty light bulbs.
Tips for Home Energy Savings
Many families and individuals can save on their utility costs by taking these simple steps to reduce home energy use:
- Replace incandescent lights with fluorescent lights whenever possible. In comparison to incandescent lights, fluorescent lights produce four times as much light per watt, last ten times longer, and cost 75% less to operate.
- Use “task lighting” whenever possible, focusing light on the area or space it is needed instead of illuminating the entire room.
- Avoid over-lighting rooms. Use the smallest wattage lamp that provides the light you need.
- Keep light fixtures and bulbs clean and free of dust.
- Install solid state dimmers in areas where full lighting is not always required. Do not place compact fluorescent lamps on dimmers unless product packaging explicitly indicates that this is permitted.
- Choose light colors for walls when decorating, since light colors reflect more light than dark walls.
- Install motion sensors on outside security lights.
- Install a timer to turn lights on and off while you are away from home for an extended period.
- Open window coverings to take advantage of natural daylight whenever possible.
Making these simple changes can result in significant home energy savings!
Did You Know...
“Pacific Lamp Wholesale responded quickly to our inquiry regarding our maintenance program that we were implementing at our facility. Their staff completed our needs of an analysis within days of request, and expedited the process to ensure it would meet the fast approaching deadline given by our corporate office.
"Within one day, the lighting maintenance program was put into motion. The work crew was fast, was efficient and personable. Equally important, the circumstances required that the work be done outside of regular work hours. Pacific Lamp was more than flexible with this request, starting early in the day and working well into the evening. There were 47 stores in two states which were attended to promptly.
"I highly recommend Pacific Lamp for any lighting needs.”