that for companies with accounts with us, Pacific Lamp Wholesale offers free delivery of lamp and lighting products in the Portland metropolitan area with a minimum $50.00 order? Same-day delivery is available for orders placed by 9:00 a.m.
Tips for Home Energy Savings
Many families and individuals can save on their utility costs by taking these simple steps to reduce home energy use:
- Replace incandescent lights with fluorescent lights whenever possible. In comparison to incandescent lights, fluorescent lights produce four times as much light per watt, last ten times longer, and cost 75% less to operate.
- Use “task lighting” whenever possible, focusing light on the area or space it is needed instead of illuminating the entire room.
- Avoid over-lighting rooms. Use the smallest wattage lamp that provides the light you need.
- Keep light fixtures and bulbs clean and free of dust.
- Install solid state dimmers in areas where full lighting is not always required. Do not place compact fluorescent lamps on dimmers unless product packaging explicitly indicates that this is permitted.
- Choose light colors for walls when decorating, since light colors reflect more light than dark walls.
- Install motion sensors on outside security lights.
- Install a timer to turn lights on and off while you are away from home for an extended period.
- Open window coverings to take advantage of natural daylight whenever possible.
Making these simple changes can result in significant home energy savings!
Did You Know...
"A conversation with an OR Energy Trust representative determined that our Church and the school in the lower level, would greatly benefit from a lighting upgrade, and directed us to Mr. Tom Fowler, of Pacific Lamp. Tom responded quickly to our inquiry, completed our needs analysis within days, and expedited the application process to ensure it would meet the fast approaching deadline.
Within six weeks, the lighting upgrade was put into motion. The work crew was fast, efficient and personable. Equally important, the men worked carefully around the church and school furnishings, and took the time to vacuum and sweep the floors as a final step.
Circumstances required that the work be done outside of regular work hours, and Pacific Lamp was more than flexible with this request, starting late in the day and working well into the evening. There were a few details that required follow-up, which were attended to promptly.
The energy analysis predicted the Church would recoup its investment dollars in this project within a year and a half, and it is with great anticipation and excitement, that we receive our monthly bill to see that prediction bear its truth."