that LED (Light Emitting Diode) lighting uses one-third the energy and lasts 5 times longer than compact fluorescent lights (CFL light bulbs)?
Tips for Home Energy Savings
Many families and individuals can save on their utility costs by taking these simple steps to reduce home energy use:
- Replace incandescent lights with fluorescent lights whenever possible. In comparison to incandescent lights, fluorescent lights produce four times as much light per watt, last ten times longer, and cost 75% less to operate.
- Use “task lighting” whenever possible, focusing light on the area or space it is needed instead of illuminating the entire room.
- Avoid over-lighting rooms. Use the smallest wattage lamp that provides the light you need.
- Keep light fixtures and bulbs clean and free of dust.
- Install solid state dimmers in areas where full lighting is not always required. Do not place compact fluorescent lamps on dimmers unless product packaging explicitly indicates that this is permitted.
- Choose light colors for walls when decorating, since light colors reflect more light than dark walls.
- Install motion sensors on outside security lights.
- Install a timer to turn lights on and off while you are away from home for an extended period.
- Open window coverings to take advantage of natural daylight whenever possible.
Making these simple changes can result in significant home energy savings!
Did You Know...
From start to finish working with Brian from Pacific Lamp was a seamless project. When I initially met with Brian, he gave me a few choices re: the retro fitting of our commercial property in Wilsonville so that I could make the best decision for our company. He did a cost analysis of the project, presented the savings over time and how long it would take for us to recoup our money. Brian also did all of the Energy Trust paperwork for our rebate, including submitting it. In addition, the gentlemen installing all the fixtures were professional, trustworthy and timely, minimizing any disruptions while our business was open. Pacific Lamp is a company I would recommend to anyone looking to change over their fixtures to a more economic style such as LED.